The 12th Annual Day of the Child Community Fun Fair attracted thousands of families to Memorial Park on Saturday, April 21. The event’s theme was Children’s Opportunities, Our Responsibilities, and more than 100 informational and interactive booths from community-based organizations provided invaluable information on children’s health, safety, social services, education, youth development, and arts and recreation. At the main stage, entertainment included performances by local schools and local talent including youth dance groups, ballet folklorico, mariachis, San Diego Youth Symphony, and many more. Some of the highlights in the photo slide show below include:
- The District’s Student, Family, and Community Services staff. They kept kids busy with fun activities, and give-aways such as Safe Routes to School magnets–I Drive 25!
- Vista Square Elementary students know ‘Opus’ music program rocks!
- Mary Gantz of CVESD’s Transportation Department has line of kids for face painting at Day of the Child.
- CVESD preschool program staff lead the ‘Wheels on the Bus’ song. We are not sure who was enjoying themselves more!
- Boosting child development thru sensory experiences, like the corn starch ‘goop’ booth, is a hit with kids and parents alike.
- Margarita Holguin, Director, Chula Vista Community Collaborative, has been key to the growth of the annual event.